We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%27s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%27re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This is a BAU role (i.e. not a project role) with a specific responsibility to provide Finance Business Analysis consulting focusing on Product Finance activity primarily to Finance Business Users but also to other stakeholders across Finance and Technology.
- Involvement in all stages of change request lifecycle, from Business User request, documenting the impact assessment, consulting with respect to approvals, documenting BRDs and user story, managing and carrying out user acceptance testing and associated documentation
- Consult with Business Users in respect of change requests they wish to raise
- Document the impact assessment of change requests in a format that is easy for Business Users to understand and sign off for approval
- Consult with the Finance Reference Data Governance Forum ( FRDGF) stakeholders during the prioritisation and approval process; namely Technology and other Business stakeholders
- Document the BRD and FRD and/or user story to a level of detail that Technology can interpret in order to configure and develop the required solution
- Review and carry out UAT on behalf of the Business Users in respect of the configuration and/or development implemented by Technology
- Responsibility for solutions to change requests received from Business Users for SAP components, namely FSDP, FPSL, and associated Reconciliations and Controls
- Use and maintain the Aspire Data and Product Finance Target Operating Model Confluence site to ensure all document artefacts are relevant and are the latest versions
- An overall awareness of all components of the Finance platform infrastructure to facilitate being able to consider impact of change requests on downstream activity
- Liaise with stakeholders and team members across various locations and time zones including acting as a link between Business user teams, technology partners, and downstream stakeholders in delivering solutions to support Business User change requests
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Banking experience (finance and/or product control experience and knowledge of Financial Markets Products preferred)
- Project change/business analysis experience (exposure to both tactical and strategic solutions preferred)
- Qualified accountant (CA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) is desirable
- Project Management/PRINCE2/Agile qualification is preferred
- Experience in full change programme lifecycle/methodology, from initiation and design to post-implementation
- Detailed understanding of banking IT systems, including trade processing workflows, from trade booking to GL entries is essential
- Strong accounting knowledge of DR/CR entries triggered by the various trade events across products classes (commodities, currencies, credit, rates) is essential
- Able to perform gap analysis, identify and escalate issues and risks to the appropriate parties
- Understanding of Local and IFRS GAAP requirements
- Able to work on multiple work streams in parallel, providing support to other team members when required
- Able to work independently and provide/design solutions to areas identified in business requirements
- Able to obtain buy-in for recommended options from stakeholders
- Strong self-starter with minimal need for guidance/supervision
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.