Hi there! It’s good to have you here. A round of intros first, what say ‘Who and what’ of Razorpay
Razorpay is a gathering of folks from various walks of life. We have suave designers, magical engineers, sales hustlers & calm-as-rock customer champions. Together we are trying to bring modern technology into the backbone of the internet and that’s online payments. We believe that someone is doing their job all wrong if our customers have to tear their hair over accepting payments online.
In six years we have gone from nothing to a full-fledged, modern and robust converged payments solution. Our customers swear by our tech and UX, and we are ecstatic to see people enjoy the results of our fanatic focus on making payments simple and accessible. We provide the smoothest payment experience that money can buy right now in India. We are here for years to stay, lead and demonstrate how payments should be. And you are
Someone who believes customer understanding is central to creating delightful product experiences. Someone who ties all functions, i.e support, operations, product, design or growth, to equal parts user insights and business strategy. Someone who knows how to plan, structure, observe and analyse conversations, surveys, testing sessions or any other interaction sessions with users. Someone who balances insights in quality and quantity. Someone who knows their research methods like its the back of their palm. Fresh insights that lead to product, business improvements are what shoots your adrenaline through the roof.
Now that you know us and we know you, let’s talk about the culture you can expect at Razorpay. All things culture
We treat all our employees as adults. We think that you can do your best with a freedom to experiment, sense of ownership of your work, license to fail and when you have peers who care just as much as you about their art. We default to transparency because everyone can contribute to anything, and it’s only possible if you get to know what’s going on. We prefer to mingle with the community through meetups and conferences on topics as broad as daylight. And at the end of the day, we accept that we are humans, fallible to error, learning through errors together. After all, there’s comedy in error too. Hey researcher, what will you get to work on
As a Researcher, you will:
- Plan, execute and drive user studies to uncover, understand and quantitatively analyse user behaviour w.r.t business finance and Razorpay products.
- Identify patterns of behaviour among users, structure behavioural archetypes and evangelise these archetypes across your business units.
- Build empathy for behavioural archetypes across the organisation through a variety of engagement and storytelling techniques.
- Communicate a holistic picture of a user’s experience to cross functional teams and identify possible gaps in them.
- Work closely with marketing, product and design to identify open research statements that lie across the roadmap.
- Drive existing business, product and design decisions by providing validated user insights qualitatively or quantitatively.
- Set-up and drive repetitive contextual user walkthroughs of products to identify possible gaps and opportunities for product improvement.
- Coordinate with the data analytics team to set up necessary data infrastructure for understanding and archetyping user behaviour.
- Analyse and Identify usage patterns across product ecosystems and discern levers to accelerate product adoption, engagement and retention.
- Propagate insights through your respective BU and bring to notice potential new product / growth / design opportunities in the ecosystem.
What do we expect from you
As a Researcher we expect you to have:
- 3-4+ years of experience as UX Research Specialist or a similar role
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methodologies
- Working knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistics
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions that elicit key data points about user behaviour.
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A keen ability to listen / observe users in context of business finance
- Keen in understanding short and long-term goals of the product and business.
- Excellent understanding of behavioural analytics and you go by data-driven decisions.
- Have experience driving both formative and summative research initiatives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate insights to the team and leadership.
- Ability to quickly source quick insights through multiple channels.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
Apart from these, it would be great to have a few of the following as well, but we accept that you can be an absolutely great researcher even without these:
- Experience building research teams.
- Experience with research tools and ecosystems like Dovetail, etc.
- Experience in more than one language.
- Understanding of database querying and data analytics.
- An understanding of business finance and challenges in the field.
- An understanding of design and product functions and principles that make them great.
- Experience conducting research in the B2B domain