- Interact with sales/pursuit team in country and work with them to understand the customer requirement, review RFP etc.
- Identify the technology solutions needed to fulfill the business objectives of the customer and be able to interact with people (customer and internal HPE) at all levels and geographies
- Work in collaboration with sales to develop pricing quote and SoW for in-pursuit deals
- As Solution Architect with the country Pursuit Team, develop end-to-end solutions for managed services delivery to exempted customers
- Identify and contribute to projects to improve services, customer satisfaction, profitability and team efficiency.
- Possess technical writing skills to publish required documents.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders and have an ability to drive the conversation/discussion.
- Possess a strong customer focus with the ability to manage escalations and balancing the needs of the customer & the HPE teams (Sales/ Pursuit/ Delivery)
- Broad technical knowledge on Compute and Storage solutions.
- Technical knowledge and experience on Infrastructure monitoring tools
- Knowledge of remote deployment programs and monitoring processes and concepts.
- ITIL Certification
- Technical knowledge of network switches
- Operating Systems and their integration with Fiber channel HBA
- Server Clustering in SAN and switched SCSI environments.
- Connecting Blade Servers into SAN infrastructures
- System Administration
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate business judgment, decision making skills, negotiating skills, time-resource management, complex problem solving, in-depth product knowledge, creativity, teamwork, knowledge of quality processes, political astuteness and sensitivity in dealing with diverse cultures and ability to learn quickly.
- Must have deep understanding of RPS and Operation Services business in HPE Pointnext.
- Must be a team player and show ability and willingness to motivate and support other engineers
Customer handling skills
- Industry Standard Servers (Proliant, Blades & Synergy)
- Broad technical knowledge on core infrastructure vendor partners
- VMware(ESXi, vCenter, vSAN)
- VMware availability technologies – Site Recovery Manager, vMSC
- MS Windows Server / Hyper-V
- Linux – RHEL, SLES, CentOS, etc.
- Experience in attached and networked storage hardware and concepts (Primera, 3PAR, MSA, Nimble, StoreOnce, etc)
- Experience in Converged Infrastructure (Simplivity, Apollo, etc)
- Network infrastructure (Aruba, Flex Fabric, etc)
- Backup Software
- Veeam Backup & Recovery
- Data Protector
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of several products in more than one functional area involving usage, configuration, and interaction with other products.
- Affinity with Monitoring tools and processes (Nagios, SolarWinds, OpenView)
- Demonstrate a high level of technical & account management communication skills and expertise in communicating with customers & internal organization.
- Manage the solution process with high management attention in a complex environment.
- Take responsibility of solutioning to meet customer requirements and ensure end-to-end deal ownership.
- Lead high level cross organizational customer orientated projects.
- Educational Qualification – Bachelor/Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience in service, support and managed services delivery on Industry Standard Servers (HPE, Dell, IBM) with Non-MS OS, storage and networking experience
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status