Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a ‘reverse mentoring’ program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer’s terms.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
BE/ B.Tech/ M.Tech/ MSc/ MCA qualification or equivalent CCNP or CCIE or equivalent network certification. Security certification like CCSP or any firewall vendor .
Minimum 7-9 Years of experience as Network and Security Lead/SME Should have strong scripting skills and experience of working with automation tools
- This is a key-requirement from an L3 engineer. A solid foundation in Computer Science principles in terms of filesystems, processes, network stack, protocols, etc. is necessary for a candidate to be able to perform as per expectations at senior position
- The Network & Security Specialist is responsible for the Design, implementation, maintenance, and Incident, Problem, change management.
- Knowledge on multiple vendor products of Routing and Switching.
- Configure & troubleshoot multiple vendor products of L2&L3 switches, should have knowledge on One OEM completely.
- Troubleshooting of Layer 1/2/3 issues, IOS up-gradation, Backup & Restoration,
- Knowledge on IP addressing & L3 concepts,
- Experience of configuration on Static, BGP, RIP, OSPF routing protocols, Configuration of standard and extended access list in multi-vendor environment,
- Experience of how to configure policy and route-based VPN on multi-vendor environment.
- Configuration of static & dynamic NAT in the routers, understanding of how IOS works in the routers & limitations
- Exposure on configuration & troubleshooting various Tunnel methods like GRE/IPSEC/IP IP .
- Detailed knowledge on Firewall technologies i.e. Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto & Fortinet.
- Maintaining and administering perimeter security systems
- Troubleshooting on Policies VPN, NAT etc, IOS / OS Up gradation, Backup and restoration of configuration
- Exposure in configuring all types of VPN tunnels in multi-vendor devices
- Exposure on configuration & troubleshooting various Tunnel methods like GRE/IPSEC/IP IP.
- Manage Microsoft Servers like Hyper V, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL etc
- Candidate is expected to know about all these servers or technologies before-hand along with quick learning ability is expected
- Troubleshoot problems with deployed servers or perform new deployments from scratch. Both troubleshooting and bootstrapping require proper understanding of inter-dependencies between various services.
- Ability to understand client requirements, suggest possible issues with current setup, present new architectures, migrate from existing setup to new setup with minimum downtime and no loss of data is critical.
- Teamwork and leadership skills are required to work with team of L1/L2 engineers to prepare them for L3 support activities in future.
- The task may require travel to different cities for days to a week’s duration to setup infrastructure, participate in meetings and discussions, etc. Later on, ability to support entire infrastructure remotely over VPN, SSH with just shell-commands without relying on GUI or direct access is necessary.
- Since root access and passwords or keys or various clients would be with L3 engineer. He/She is expected to keep confidential data securely and not disclose any private information to outsiders.
- Maintain documented (e.g. Disaster Recovery) procedures for OS Infrastructure. Collaborates and contributes with team members, software vendors, and other technical staff to develop, design, implement, and continuously improve systems.
- Ability to automate tasks with programming (Shell scripting) or configuration management tools (Ansilbe, puppet), etc. is preferred.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve single and cross technology incidents independently. Lead the team members to resolve complex or cross technology incidents.
- Escalation Management: Identify, manage, and lead technical escalations. Participate in formal Escalation when required to support escalation especially during crisis.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area. Perform Trend and Root cause analysis.
- Change Management/Implementation: Independently prepare, review, implement, rollback and test plan for change records. Perform risk and impact analysis for changes, May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
- Patch and Security Management: Apply patch and security changes per policy. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Strong Knowledge on Proxy solutions like Broadcom (Bluecoat/Symantec), Sophos
- Strong knowledge on F5 WAF and LTM solutions
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols.
- Ability to manage support cases with external technology vendors.
- Knowledge of virtual technologies is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to easily analyze and communicate complex ideas to management.
- Sensitivity and cultural awareness are essential as the role will involve contacting with a variety of people.
- Discipline and experience in recognizing and handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent time management is crucial.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment ITIL Process knowledge (Problem, Incident, Change Management)
- Exceptional communication skills
Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrate business judgment, decision making skills, negotiating skills, time-resource management, complex problem solving, in-depth product knowledge, creativity, teamwork, knowledge of quality processes, political astuteness and sensitivity in dealing with diverse cultures and ability to learn quickly.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status