We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
In this role, the System Engineering Specialist is responsible for the definition and specification of embedded inverter drive system to meet customer requirements and achieves all critical to quality measures. This position will take ownership of system requirements and solution by leading cross-function team through the communication and documentation including customer needs, function matrix, function safety, Diagnosis, FMEA and product compliance. Success will require the control and traceability of customer requirements and system solution to allocate features and functions across electronic modules and subsystems to meet cost, quality, feature performance targets, and application timing to market.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can
help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Interface with customers to acquire and understand customer needs and system requirements
- Develop and manage system specifications and solutions to meet customer requirements and industry standards including those for safety and environment.
- Collaborate with customers, venders, and internal cross function groups to optimize system design for cost, quality, performance and time to market
- Develop the control and traceability of system technical documentation including
- Lead discussions of system and sub-system specifications with customers and cross functional teams
- Evaluate and conduct analysis of customer requirements, system function matrix, function safety, diagnosis, FMEA design and validation plan
- Identify customer-oriented solutions and compliance to requirements through proficiency with system performance tests, skills/knowledge in application & integration engineering and test data analysis
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key customers and vendors
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution required
- 10+ years engineering experience in electrical drive industry
- Experience with embedded inverter drive system for motor control application
- Experience with model-based design with Matlab and Simulink
- Knowledge of firmware and hardware integration in embedded drive system experience with FOC motor control in embedded drive system
- Experience with hardware and software integration for motor control application
- Familiar with product and component standards such as ISO 26262, ASPICE, AUTOSAR, Cybersecurity EVITA, OBD, UDS and CAN/Flexray communication protocols
- Electrical systems engineering experience including understanding of systems engineering V model
- Product launch process experience is preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Good understanding of vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a hands-on laboratory environment with common lab equipment (O-scopes, DMMs, Network and Spectrum analyzers, Dynamometers, mechanics tools, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.