As Sr. Software Engineer – Automation, you will create new features for Test Automation Framework and write test scripts to automate the Software components. Accountable for programing a component, feature and or feature set. You will work independently and will also contribute to design discussions.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities.
In this role you will :
- Write, design, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically;
- Maximize test coverage for the most critical features of the system;
- Determine the priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios;
- Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases;
- Build test automation frameworks;
- Log and document bugs in the tracking system;
- Set up Continuous Integration.
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Work with Product Owner , Architects to understand product requirements & vision
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in ‘STEM’ Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
5+ years working as Automation Engineer leveraging test automation solutions of functional and load testing and implementing Automation Testing frameworks and methodology to support agile product development
Required Skills –
- Hands-on experience with Linux usage – moderate to advanced usage
- Good understanding of BDD,
- Extensive knowledge of Testing lifecycle and core testing process/techniques using different test approaches
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (provide estimations, design test plan and test strategy, writing test scenarios, cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs)
- Experience of using the Perforce / Git source code control system
- API test automation, XML/Json Verification etc.
- Knowledge on Test automation tools- API test automation using REST Assured tool Selenium / Squish /QTP/ cucumber / SoapUI, Postman/ Protractor, / Jmeter, / LoadRunner, / Grinder, /Gatling
- UI Testing using tools like Protractor.
- Expertise of Database concepts, SQL / advanced SQL
- Experience in writing high quality, readable, reusable, testable code.
- Hands-on test automation experience in an Agile Development environment
- Knowledge on CI/CD and DevOps – Jenkins
- Experience in Build tools like, Maven/Gradle
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.