Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The iOS SW developer (SW Engineer-II) will work closely with team management, product, architecture, and engineering teams as part of app development. The position requires solid knowledge, experience and background of mobile technology, mobile operating systems and mobile industry standards as well as solid coding and design skills.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• SW developer for mobile client (iOS),
• Hands on Development on iOS, Android, surface.
• Familiarization with web applications development and application hosting/deployment
• Good understanding of release process viz. AppStore
• Experience in mapping engines (open source or Google maps) and graphical overlays on maps is an added advantage.
• This is not a management position
• Collaborate with and Inspire other mobile engineers
• Collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering, and Operations to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for mobile or web applications
• Actively investigate interesting new tools and techniques
• Rapid prototyping
• Assist in Software platform and tool evaluation, selection, and optimization
• Contribute to optimization of software engineering platforms and tools
• Enterprise software integrations • Design interfaces between mobile solutions and existing and/or brand new enterprise application servers and applications
• Ready, capable, and willing to learn new technology as project needs dictate
Education and Experience Requirements
• 3+ years experience in professional mobile software development (iOS)
• Guru in Objective C, iOS SDK, Java, Android SDK, Xamarin
• Released native mobile applications on both iOS and Android with tens of thousands of users
• Strong experience in developing with user, functional and system requirements.
• Good communication skills
• Ability to effectively interact with other domains, disciplines and teams
• Strong understanding of the server side software, scalability, performance and reliability aspects
• Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
• Proven experience with various mobile services such as mapping, location, messaging, multi-media, etc