NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike Global Technology is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. Nike inspires athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport’s top stories, the world of Nike is changing the playing field like nothing before.
The MOVE team within Global Technology is determined to be a global leader in supply chain technology. We are passionate about Nike and all it represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity, and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. We are looking for experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Bengaluru, India.
We are looking for a person who can help team members to develop and support them whenever necessary, set priorities and get results across boundaries, and will ensure an inclusive work environment and manage performance. You will support engineering team activities focused on designing, developing, onboarding and supporting customers to Nike’s Global Technology Enterprise Platforms. You will evaluate research and development projects results to assure accomplishment of technical objectives.
Successful candidates will exhibit the following:
* A minimum of 5 years management experience of high performing software engineering teams
* Leadership in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
* Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
* Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
* Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, or Scala
* Exposure to NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
* Exposure to relational data stores like MySQL and Oracle
* Exposure to monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx and New Relic
* Exposure to continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
* Exposure to Supply Chain domain areas like inventory management, order management, logistics management, warehouse management
* Exposure to implementing or integrating with enterprise scale packages like SAP S4, IBM Sterling, Manhattan WMS
* Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams
* Comfortable attending meetings with partners across multiple global locations
* Comfortable supporting local activities in building and growing Nike Global Technology presence in India
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant subject area, or equivalent experience.