Azure SQL Database is a fast-growing platform as a service that is attracting application developers and enterprise workloads to the cloud. Our team is responsible for mission critical functions such as High Availability and Data Integrity for millions of databases. We are looking for engineers who will help us advance the state of the art in these areas. This is a great opportunity to learn and work on the internals of enterprise class relational database engines, solve hard problems and build a highly-scalable and reliable data service. You will be working in an environment where innovation is valued and will have an opportunity for direct impact on functionality, security, performance, scalability, manageability and supportability of the Azure SQL Database service. We need collaborative developers who can think big and find creative ways to meet these challenges. Come join us in the Azure Data SQL India team!
In this role you will design and develop features in one or more areas such as distributed high availability, geographical redundancy, read scale out, logging and recovery, transactions, versioning, database structures such as b-trees and heaps, and many other areas of a large-scale database service. Curiosity and willingness to question and learn, strong customer empathy, and willingness to participate in a 24×7 live site on call rotations are additional responsibilities.
- bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or mathematics or physics or it technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- 4+ years of commercial systems level software development experience
- proficiency in c#, c++, troubleshooting and debugging
- experience with relational database internals and storage systems
- experience with large scale distributed systems, multithreading and object-oriented programming
- self-driven, results oriented, high integrity, ability to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.