Job Location – Bangalore, India
HACH – An operating company within Danaher’s Environmental Sciences platform.
At HACH we make water analysis betteru2014faster, simpler, greener and more informativeu2014via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use solutions
The HACH IDC teams consist of highly hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by global Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
Hach’s broad line of instrumentation and chemistries have been carefully crafted for more than 80 years to make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – so you get it right the first time, every time.
Hach provides instrumentations to access the quality of water with the mission of Ensuring water quality for people around the world.The inhouse teams works in close coordination with other global R&D centres in Europe and the United States.
This position is located atDanaher India Development Center(IDC), Bangalore
Team at IDC is building next generation ‘Water Intelligence System’ CLAROS.
IDC is a research and development center with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the center now hosts 500+ associates, for multiple Danaher operating companies focusing on Diagnostics, Life Science, and Environmental and Applied Science segments. The operating companies includes Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems,HemoCue, Videojet and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on development of software and hardware components of cutting-edge products for, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Hematology, Molecular diagnostics, Oncology, Neurosurgery and Water Quality. IDC has evolved as center of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of highly hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The inhouse teams works in close coordination with other global R&D centers at US, Canada, Europe, Japan, China, and Singapore.Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art facility, measuring 120 K.Job Description
Are you passionate about Software, Cloud Computing and innovation The Full Stack Developer will be a key part of the Hach team, working in a fast-paced team, collaborative environment that will drive growth! He/she will design and develop software code, collaborating with other software developers and testers using the SCRUM process, in order to deliver iterative releases of front-end user experiences, with high quality expectations, and challenging timing of milestone delivery.
The Claros project has 3000 flowmeters sending data every 30 minutes back to our Azure cloud implementation. The Full Stack developer along with the team will be responsible for making the software handle another 3000 devices in the next few years. You will use Web API with C#, Microsoft Service Fabric, Visual Studio Code with Angular, SQL Server and other tools to make great software that our customer’s will love, and you will learn new things like IoT and Modbus over TCP.
- End-to-End Design and Development of cloud applications utilizing Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings
- Work as a member of an Agile software development team using scrum processes
- Drive software quality by using early defect discovery and removal
- Analyze acceptance criteria and provide estimates of effort
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors
- Creates strong commitment and promotes open dialogue.
- Defines success in terms of the entire team.
- Is action oriented and has a strong sense of urgency.
- Uses logic and rigorous problem-solving skills to resolve difficult problems and drive effective solutions.
- Relentlessly customer focused and dedicated to exceeding expectations of internal and external customers.
- Drives innovation to bring creative ideas to market.
- Use state-of-the-art development environments and tools to efficiently produce high-quality code
- Keep team members and management informed of current state of efforts and risks
- Participate in daily scrums, show and tells, and planning meetings every two weeks
- Follow software development best practices in the areas of software architecture, design, and code reviews
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 2+ years of proven development experience using .NET/C# with focus on Web API cloud applications
- Strong hands-on development with Single Page Applications using Angular 2+ with at least one-year experience
- Experience with Git, Redux, TypeScript, and Angular Material.
- Experience in Azure/AWS is must
- Knowledge on SQL is must
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- Software design principles and patterns
- Software development using Agile/scum process and methodologies
- Take pride in writing clean dependable code
- Demonstrated ability to produce technical design documentation for assigned features and user stories.
- Strong ability to analyze problems and formulate effective solutions
- Experience using OAuth and OpenID.
- Experience with using Jira and and the Atlassian Suite.
- Experience with one or more Platform-as-a-Service offerings with IoT and manufacturing protocols BluetoothBLE, MQTT, COAP, AMQP, XMPP, ModBus etc
- Experience in working with onshore/offshore teams.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental, and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The ‘EEO is the Law’ poster is available at:.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 202-419-7762 or e-mail [Confidential Information] to request accommodation
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.