Job Description :
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Secure Admin Services organization, within Digital Security and Risk Engineering, is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to architect, design and build security solutions for protecting Microsoft assets and managing high privileged identities. This candidate should have proven infrastructure and automation experience, ability to translate business problems into technical designs and solutions while maintaining obsession and passion for securing our software/services, automation, reliability, and the customer experience. In DSRE, the leading security org for Microsoft, our Secure Access Services organization manages our services end to end. We own the full stack from custom application development, through identity and security products/tooling, and to the underlying infrastructure.
The Secure Admin Services team is a fun, dynamic, supportive community of engineers, service managers, and program managers who are committed to delivering the best solutions and services to our customers. We want to truly understand their requirements and deliver solutions that not only satisfy their needs but exceed their expectations. We get to build and run security services at extremely large scale, which presents challenges we love to solve. If that sounds like the right environment for you, come join us!
• Provide technical engineering leadership for a cross-functional, highly visible, operations team supporting the secure access services platform for Microsoft’s corporate network.
• Develop managed code to complete designs and test interfaces that solve classes of problems, enable integration across groups of components, improve reuse, and satisfy business, customer, engineering and operational requirements.
• Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve service health, manageability, reliability and telemetry.
• Own, triage, investigate and resolve service issues with an emphasis on broad communications, learning & teaching throughout the process.
• Ability to read, write, configure, design, and script end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities for platforms.
• Authoring functional and technical documentation.
• Communicate on a deeply technical level with product engineering, project management and operations teams to improve and optimize products, improve infrastructure, and evolve services.
• Remain current on new technologies, methods and procedures including, but not limited to, coding practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
• bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience
• demonstrated technical experience with site reliability engineering, software development and service operations.
• full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
• experience with the microsoft cloud and/or stack including o365, azure, windows or other microsoft software/services
preferred, not required:
• 4+ years of scripting and programming experience (preferably .net, powershell, python, c#)
• hands-on experience with security concepts, identity, certificate services, and encryption fundamentals
• out of the box, quick and agile thinking to adapt to fast pace and changing environment
• knowledge of system design & architecture, and running of complex, large scale online services
• ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.