SENIOR MANAGER, TECHNICAL SUPPORT : ï»A Senior Technical Support Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively managing a team of Success Agents (Phenom People Technical Experts) along with associated support projects and processes. This role involves handling critical customer escalations, career development of individuals, and project management processes. Apart from day-to-day activities, the candidate is expected to be involved in strategic planning to grow the team, run projects of organizational importance, guide / mentor next cadre of leadership as per PhenomPeople core values, while being a face of organization to the wider world The candidate is expected to be independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class support services.
Detailed Role & Responsibilities
- Manage team of Enterprise Software Support Engineers to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, service levels, resolution time, and project deadlines.
- Set team goals in alignment with Global Support objectives & assist direct reports in the definition and attainment of individual goals.
- Ensure that direct reports have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective technical solutions to our customers
- Ensure high-quality technical and soft-skills training are delivered to the support engineers on a timely basis.
- Deliver performance reviews for all direct reports and provide regular feedback on performance in terms of agreed upon performance and employee development goals
- Effectively represent the Support organisation on cross-organizational teams to deliver on organizational objectives.
- Manage workflows and schedules for direct reports and ensure adequate workload coverage
- Deliver regular reports that provide qualitative and quantitative descriptions of business performance
- Manage key processes including FAQ analysis, case reviews, and customer feedback analysis
- Develop and maintain Support procedures and policies
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience
- Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for support engineers; Build credibility and trust within the support group
- Foster and facilitate the professional growth and development of team members
- Empower and install confidence in team members to enable them grow
- Flexibility to work in staggered shifts, where weekly-offs are not Saturday and Sunday but two consecutive days from the other five weekdays
- Work as Duty Manager on rotation or as per business needs handling customer escalations and priority issues
- Take up and deliver on any other responsibilities as assigned from time to time by reporting manager/support management
- Overall work-experience of 10+ years, Strong people management expertise of at least 4+ years in technical support management roles.
- Strong Experience in managing Technical (Enterprise Software) support professionals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with a service-oriented attitude and a keen focus on enhancing customer experience.
- Excellent situational awareness in handling objections in dynamic customer environments.
- Leading cross-functional collaboration across global teams
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, assumes ownership and runs programs with minimal supervision
- Drive stakeholder engagement across peers and senior management
- Strong Executive presence and excellent convincing skills; ability to hold own point of view in tough conversations
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training and delegate responsibilities to managers enabling their professional growth and development
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with departments across the organization including Sales, Consulting, Engineering, AM/CSM, QA, Program Management, and Product Management.
- Strong Escalation management experience with multiple stakeholders including customers and product teams
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and advanced organizational skills
- Ability to develop and deliver creative business solutions for complex problems
- Ability to attract, hire and retain high-performing support professionals
- Ability to work on competing priorities under tight timelines and delivery pressures. Analytical bent of mind to understand data and derive actionable insights
MBA and / or Industry certifications like PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, Six Sigma etc
- Competitive compensation and good additional benefits/perks
- Gain experience rapidly both in Technical front and also Customer/Business context front
- Opportunity of direct interactions to work-with & learn-from executive team
- Fast-paced work environment
Phenom People delivers the Phenom Talent Experience Management (TXM) platform to transform the talent journey from interested candidates to thriving employees to enthusiastic brand advocates, while helping HR break the stereotype of being a cost center instead of a revenue generator.
Diversity is essential to building phenomenal teams – and Phenom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.Phenom is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.