As you build your career at Palo Alto Networks you will be involved in a number of different projects and initiatives, being an integral part of the team.
- Work with development teams to ensure that applications have scalability and reliability built-in from day one.
- Agile is second nature to you and you’re excited to work in scrum teams and represent the SRE perspective
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, cost, and performance.
- You’ve helped create services that are critical to their customers success
- Deploy automation for provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale. You are experienced in Infrastructure as Code concepts and have put them into production
- Partner with teams to improve CI/CD processes and technology. Helping teams in delivering value early is what you strive for
- Mentor members of the staff on large scale cloud deployments. You’re an expert in deploying in the cloud and can bring a teaching mindset to help others benefit from your experience
- Fluent in one or more of: Python
- 3+ years of working with Microservices architectures running on Kubernetes and containers
- 10+ years of industry experience in engineering
- Experience with public cloud (AWS) at medium to large scale
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency, etc)
- Excellent experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, and load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible.
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with MongoDB tuning and performance
- Exceptional communicator in and across teams, taking the lead
- Bachelor in Computer Science / Engineering or Equivalent
Our engineering team is at the core of SD WAN products – connected directly to the mission of providing world class SASE solutions. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about SDWAN. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.