We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It%26#39;s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We%26#39;re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Needs to and be aware of the understand the Group%26rsquo;s Strategy (looking at the big picture) and able to imbibe that into the work that is being delivered
- Needs to and be aware of the understand the Group%26rsquo;s Strategy (looking at the big picture) and should be able to relate to it.
- Responsible for complete Fixed Assets and IFRS16 end to end accounting and reporting functionality
- Responsible for the monthly close process, completion of books of accounts, accountings controls and accounting operations processes, ensuring compliance of regulations, policies and requirements of the %26ldquo;in scope%26rdquo; countries/entities.
- Understanding the process and recording of journals to reflect the monthly activity and focus on continuous improvement in productivity from time to time.
- Continually process all assigned activities and identify opportunities for quality %26amp; process design improvement.
- Ensure that the standards of customer service provided by the function consistently meet or exceed the requirements set under the Service Level Agreements agreed with the customers.
- Liaise with stakeholders for periodic review and re-negotiation of Service Level Agreements and any other related performance and quality measures.
- Ensure effective systems and procedures for the timely collection of data from all accounting sites and their collation and submission to various recipients.
- Ensure compliance of regulations, policies %26amp; requirements of the %26lsquo;in scope%26rsquo; countries and reports and raise relevant risks by effective communication.
- Effectively contribute to the change being led by the superiors and management arising out of transition of new processes or arresting the escalations.
- Update DOI%26rsquo;s (Departmental Operating Instructions) and cross train other team members to ensure the dependencies are clear and seamless.
- To be aware of accounting policies and standards and timely action required in case of non-compliance. Employee should adhere to the policies and highlight any issues as risk in the right forums.
Regulatory %26amp; Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group%26rsquo;s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank%26rsquo;s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- To coordinate and liaise with Internal and Onshore
Our Ideal Candidate
- CA (8-12 years) or CWA/MBA(Finance)/M.Com (10- 15 years) of relevant accounting and reporting experience.
- Relevant experience in Accounting
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.