At Leica Biosystems our promise is to enable clinicians to efficiently provide patients a highly confident diagnosis within 24 hours of biopsy. We offer the most comprehensive portfolio that spans the entire cancer diagnosis workflow from biopsy to diagnosis. Our experts are committed to delivering Improved Quality, Integrated Solutions, and Optimized Efficiencies leading to breakthrough advances in diagnostic confidence and turnaround time. Every day we embrace new ways of thinking and work closely together to deliver innovative technologies, to ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry. And we believe that our people around the world play the most important role in helping our customers.
This position is for Leica Biosystems team located at Danaher India Development Center (IDC), Bangalore.
IDC is a research and development centre with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the centre now hosts 500+ associates, for multiple Danaher operating companies focusing on Diagnostics, Life Science, and Environmental and Applied Science segments. The operating companies include Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems, HemoCue, Videojet and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on the development of software and hardware components of cutting-edge products for, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Hematology, Molecular Diagnostics, Oncology, Neurosurgery and Water Quality. IDC has evolved as a centre of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of highly talented software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The position of Engineering Manager II, Software Architects reports solid line to the Director, India Development Center, with the primary responsibility to provide functional leadership to the Software Architects and Systems Analysts in IDC.
- Providing Technical guidance and mentorship to a team of software architects and systems analysts by verifying that the architectural proposals from the team meet the end customer requirements
- Ensuring that the software requirements Epics/Stories are well defined and consistent with the System requirements including functional, non functional and performance requirements
- Reviewing the technical design documents, training and marketing material for SU’s and customers.
- Providing necessary inputs into the Technical roadmaps of various products
- Reviewing and participating in product backlog prioritization discussions
- Actively contributing to the Agile ceremonies and ensuring continuous improvement to the established processes.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including, hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development.
- Develop a strategy to improve the capability of the Software Architects and Systems analysts in the team.
- Actively involves and participates in organizational initiatives to support Associate engagement by involving all key global stakeholders.
- Responsible for achievement of quality, process adherence and on time delivery goals for the projects.
- Ensure compliance to all appropriate Quality Management Systems and company policies and procedures
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Information Technology with 15 plus years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 14 years of relevant experience.
- Work experience should include 5+ years of people management experience and 3+ years of experience as an Architect or Product owner/Analyst in a product company.
- Proven experience in evolving strategies around building functional competency in any of the software domains.
- Leadership skills including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management.
- FDA regulated environment experience and also knowledge on CyberSecurity pertaining to the Healthcare domain is preferred.
Leica Biosystems is a Danaher Company,
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world. Our trusted brands hold unparalleled leadership positions in,,and. With more than 20 operating companies, our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a: to help realize life’s potential.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.