Required Skills and Experience
Experience in a product owner role
Experience in a product owner role
- Skilled at writing features, creating acceptance criteria, prioritizing backlogs and roadmaps, crafting sprint and product goals to maximize business value.
- Experience with Kanban, Agile Scrum methodologies, particularly in a SAFe environment.
Domain experience / knowledge
- Delivering Customer facing production quality functionality including experience with managing Performance and Regression testing strategies.
- Mission Critical Enterprise Management solutions.
- Domain knowledge in the search (Coveo / Elastic) desirable.
- Docker swarm / Domain based services and containerization.
- SFDC (Salesforce) experience.
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning.
- Big data analytics (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Vertica).
- Shared Business Services, External Web Services.
- Database knowledge (Oracle, SQL server).
- Consulting experience / customer engagement skills desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver in global, cross-functional, and virtual teams.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment.
- Typical tasks assigned to Product Owners include: working with Product Managers and UX to breakdown features into user stories for all new functionality, presenting user stories to the product teams in grooming and design sessions, ensuring that new functionality meets the acceptance criteria so the work can be designated as complete.
- The Product Owner works with the Scrum Masters to prioritize user stories, participates in team planning meetings and is available to provide advice, clarification and guidance during the execution of each Sprint. The Product Owner champions sufficient customer engagement during the development through, for example, product demonstration and customer feedback. The Product Owner inspects, accepts or rejects completed work from the development sprint.
- The Product Owner works in relevant structures (e.g. scrum of scrums) to manage dependencies and set priorities across multiple teams and backlog items and to maintain alignment to the release product vision and roadmap. The Product Owner has final sign-off of the product release at the different levels.
- The Product Owner is responsible for stakeholder management, engaging with key customer contacts, product management, sales and marketing to ensure all relevant inputs to the product backlog have been collected and prioritized.
- The Product Owner ensures that the product backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value.
- In determining relative business value of the backlog items, the Product Owner uses necessary inputs such as customer priorities and the need to address technical debt. The resultant product backlog is aligned with various stakeholders.
- Product Knowledge – Becomes a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains. It is expected that the Product Owner will quickly become an expert in the product from a feature / functionality perspective.
- Market Knowledge – Develops an understanding of target market and user base and uses this to guide product decisions. Spends appropriate time in the field speaking with customers and observing their use of the product.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant product management, product owner, or business analysis experience in an agile environment
- 5+ years in software development
- SAFe PM/PO certification (SPMPO) is a plus
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status