The Impact: The Procurement Lead role is responsible for delivering and supporting global sourcing events (RFP’s, RFI’s and direct negotiations) across +$600m of S&P Global indirect spend categories including Professional Services, HR, IT Services, Travel, Meetings & Conferences, Enterprise Services, Marketing, Sales and Telecoms. The Procurement Lead will assist Global Category Managers (GCM) and Regional Sourcing Managers (RSM’s) with sourcing, negotiating, contracting and implementing global suppliers as part of the execution of global category strategies.
The primary objective of the selected individual will be to achieve the best total value in sourcing, including cost reductions, while establishing strong partnerships with core product and service providers.
The Team:You will be part of the growing Procurement Operations team in Manila under the Global Business Team.
What’s in it for you: This is an exciting role with broad responsibilities and the opportunity to grow and take on increasing levels of responsibility. The successful candidate will be joining a growing Procurement department on an exciting path towards world class standards and the Procurement Lead will be part of a strategy to advance the procurement maturity of the broader Procurement function within S&P Global.
Strategy and Planning:
- Partner with Global Category Managers (GCM’s) and Regional Sourcing Managers (RSM’s) to create and execute sourcing plans in alignment with category sourcing strategies.
- Develop on-going relationships with strategic vendors and functional/division stakeholders
- Engage and coordinate with functional subject matter experts, such as legal, tax, finance, risk, etc., in support of procurement initiatives
- Drive efforts in continuous improvement sourcing approach and identify and execute performance improvement initiatives aimed at achieving year-on-year reductions in S&P Global’s procurement efficiency ratio. Develop/drive sourcing strategies for each of the items or services within a spend category through vendor negotiations, process improvements, and compliance.
- Own and deliver structured sourcing events (RFP’s, RFQ’s and RFI’s, negotiations etc) to source and implement suppliers. Evaluate and rate suppliers, ensuring integrity of the request for proposal process.
- Conduct negotiations and oversee administration of contracts within assigned spend categories ensuring appropriate contractual clauses are in place to minimize Company’s risk.
- Perform commercial negotiations and facilitate contracting process
- Develop a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) model and benefits tracking approach to be used during key sourcing events
- Generate market intelligence and vendor assessment reports and leveraging applicable information for all category planning and sourcing activities
- Ensure GCM and RSM are aware of cultural, political, legal and social challenges that may exist, and provide support in overcoming these challenges.
- Coordinate financial impact with divisions/functions and Finance
- Understand and communicate key commercial risks in procurement
- Support in the creation and execution of category management plans and category sourcing strategies
- Identify and champion cost and demand management opportunities to drive procurement value
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional deal teams established to drive value in the sourcing event
- Recommend and participates in the development of relevant category policies and procedures
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Working with GCM’s and VMO on management of global suppliers
- Responsible for managing assigned suppliers including:
- Performing vendor reviews and scorecards, including QBR’s
- Issue resolution and SLA tracking
- Annual objectives and service improvement initiatives
- Ownership of supplier tools and processes
- Payment of relevant supplier invoices
- Monitor and manage contract renewal and expiration to ensure sufficient time for renegotiation, termination and conversion to new supplier as desired by the business unit.
Benchmarking and Research:
- Conduct market analysis/ Gather market intelligence
- Develop RFx summaries and vendor evaluation matrices for engagement/vendor managers to evaluate vendor responses
- Provide competitive benchmarking by applying procurement and contract best practices; effectively search and utilize industry and market insights
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be fluent English language speaker. Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills. Mandarin proficiency is ideal but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in a professional procurement function with a focus on multiple categories
- Proven and demonstrable experience sourcing across multiple Categories including the ability to negotiate complex decisions. Must be able to provide multiple examples of prior experience running sourcing events (RFP’s, RFI’s and direct negotiation) and delivering cost savings
- Demonstrable experience in building strategic partnerships both internally and externally with key stakeholders and vendors with deep knowledge of vendors and trends to inform category planning
- Must have experiencing using e-Sourcing tools (e.g. Ariba, Scout, Coupa, Ivalua etc.)
- Flexible to work in flexible schedule covering mid-shift coverage.
About S&P Global Corporate:
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)