With , Microsoft is redefining SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) for the cloud era. It leverages cutting-edge cloud technology, big data, machine learning and AI to empower Security Operations Centers to defend against increasingly sophisticated and rapidly evolving cyberthreats.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to join us in our journey. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a world class team, building one of the most exciting products in the cybersecurity space from the ground up.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to build and grow a team that will be highly independent and focus on building, enhancing, and supporting integrations and solutions on top of the Azure Sentinel platform – at scale. Building Azure Sentinel’s solutions include creating configuration-based integrations with other products to ingest data into Azure Sentinel, defining schemas, authoring new detections, building interactive dashboards, and automation workflows, that help SOC analysts identify and respond to cyber threats. In addition to building solutions, this team will also validate and publish solutions developed by partners.
The Engineering Manager will focus on building a versatile team that can research, build, develop and support world-class in Azure Sentinel, work with product managers and customers on ongoing basis, and create significant business impact.
If you are passionate about building highly effective teams and finding creative ways to leverage new technologies, customer obsessed and can inspire others, then this is the role for you.
We are a team that has a strong drive for results and believes that effective collaboration is how we all achieve more. We’re looking for an engineering manager who is energetic, highly independent and a great collaborator. This role requires cross-team and cross-geo collaboration. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record of great partner and customer engagement.
As part of this role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of integration engineers as well as security researchers.
- Mentor, coach and model our leadership principles and build a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Be responsible for the delivery and quality of a growing area within Azure Sentinel. Own product backlog, drive execution, quality and manage outcomes.
- Provide support and maintenance of the team’s scenarios, including automation – while working with the support team upon customers tickets.
- Work closely with product management. Partner with other engineering teams, security experts, data scientists, to collaborate and integrate with additional capabilities in Azure Sentinel.
- Communicate clearly about projects, risks, and accomplishments on behalf of the team to upper management.
- 2 years of people’s management experience
- 7+ years of experience in leading software and integration projects
- good cross team, cross geolocation collaboration skills.
- experience in building world-class products and solutions at scale
- knowledge of security and specifically siem technologies and security standards. building content on top of log management/siem is a major advantage.
- experience in microsoft azure technologies or other clouds
- scripting experience in powershell or python or software development experience
- experience working with partners and isvs
- proven record of supporting customers being customer obsessed and data-driven
- ability to collaborate, communicate, and effectively influence technical strategy with a growth mindset
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
microsoft cloud background check – this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.