Job Description :
Do you want to re-invent the way that Alexa helps customers shop Come join our team! Alexa is a strategic investment for Amazon, and we aim to deliver a voice and touch shopping assistant that is so convenient that customers worldwide will use Alexa every day. Alexa Shopping aims for Alexa to understand the needs of all shoppers regardless of language, background, abilities or economic means. We create convenient time savers for busy customers and their households across shopping journeys.
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager to invent and improve the Alexa voice and touch shopping experience for India and for international countries overall, delivered to customers across a range of devices. Encouraging customers to try Alexa shopping, and to then enjoy the experience with high repeat usage and engagement, is pivotal to our long-term success. You will be the single-threaded leader for a critical area of our customer experience. Using customer data and feedback you will gain a deep and nuanced understanding of customer needs, and you will couple this with your ideas on experiences that may not yet exist yet but that customers will likely find helpful. You will define patterns and best practices and deliver new experiences for voice user interface (VUI), and in a multi-modal experience (voice and touch with graphic user interface (GUI)) on multiple devices (e.g. phone, Amazon Echo device).
The right person has high levels of customer obsession, a strong demonstrated ability to build new products and programmes, including using repeatable and scalable processes, is agile with complex data and systems and is an independent and resourceful operator who can interact positively with both business and technology teams.
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
· Define a vision and deliver the plan to increase customer engagement with Alexa shopping
· Define patterns and best practices for Voice User Interface (VUI) and Graphic User Interface (GUI) across countries for Alexa Shopping.
· Build and deliver a go-to-market strategy for new products and features.
· Define and deliver a prioritized features set to improve the experience, working closely with technology teams.
Basic Qualifications :
· 10+ years of professional experience in product and/or programme development and management
· 5+ years of experience taking new products and/or programmes from ideation, development, pilot, and launch to delivering ongoing growth
· 5+ years of experience leading teams directly and indirectly (through influence vs. authority)
· 3+ years of experience improving products and/or programmes through customer feedback attained through a variety of channels
· Bachelor degree
Preferred Qualifications :
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills, which you use to communicate complex concepts simply to a diverse audience; enabling you to secure agreement, gain programme funding and deliver.
· Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
· Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
· Experience in designing and developing user interfaces
· Experience scaling programs globally
· Masters of Business Administration
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.