The Power Systems Controls Engineer will provide field service systems integration engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of automated control systems and power management systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this function you will:
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Programming of Human Machine interfaces (HMI’s)
- Design and implementation of power system control schemes including switchgear transfer control, load management control, generator control, microgrid control, and SCADA system development.
- Quote general turnkey control projects (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with PLC based control systems.
- Experience with HMI and/or SCADA
- Experience with test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 km of Eaton’s Delta, BC office will be considered for this position
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution (Electrical/Computer/Systems Engineering)
- Professional Engineering license
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
- Experience with power systems automation applications
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with substation, SCADA, and industrial communication protocols including Modbus, Ethernet/IP, DNP3 and IEC 61850.
- Knowledge and proficiency working with Ethernet layer 2 and layer 3 networking and experience implementing industrial/OT type networks.
- Knowledge and proficiency of common substation IED’s, protection relays, metering, event recorders, time synchronization, etc., across multiple vendors.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems within an electrical substation environment.
- Has demonstrated ability to provide field service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: :