Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We are looking for a seasoned Integrated Marketing Communications specialist to join the Central Marketing Organization (CMO) in the Integrated Marketing Manager role.
The Central Marketing Organization (CMO) drives digital marketing transformation and execution in the Area. CMO delivers deep marketing capabilities and expertise to drive the Area’s growth agenda and create Microsoft fans. CMO’s data-driven marketing insights innovate go-to-market (GTM) campaigns with clear customer targeting, leveraging global customer nurture programs, digital events, social marketing-all through world-class marketing operations at scale. CMO is a strategic partner with Sales teams across all customer and partner segments and prioritized industries, as well as product-focused marketing teams and communications. CMO models Microsoft leadership values and nurtures a diverse and inclusive team.
The Integrated Marketing Manager (IMM) role owns the Integrated Marketing Plan for your focus area, aligned to sales and marketing plays and driving new lead generation, nurture and consumption as prioritized by the Business Group (BG) and Sales. The IMM leads strategic integrated marketing planning discussions bringing deep audience and competitive insights and marketing data to inform marketing plans and prioritize investments.
As a seasoned integrated marketing expert, you work with Sales and Marketing leaders across the company to advise on marketing strategy leveraging and scaling global go-to-market approaches and centralized demand generation plans and augmenting with local activities where critical. You are the local point of contact for the Corporate demand generation team and supporting the landing and evangelization of the global marketing strategy locally, as well as providing local feedback and insights on landing.
You deliver campaign execution excellence leading a complex vteam of local marketing stakeholders; Solution Area Product Marketing Managers (PMM), Partner Marketing Advisors (PMAs) and sales and segment teams. You partner with CMO Shared Services in Events, Digital and Data Insights to align local executions across all marketing channels and ensure all activities are set up properly in our tools and systems to enable tracking, reporting and local optimization.
A data-driven marketer, you leverage marketing insights dashboards daily to surface opportunities, drive marketing planning decisions with local stakeholders and lead connected sales and marketing discussions with Sales. The role requires an understanding of the sales organization’s priorities and key focus areas.
As part of the CMO team, the Integrated Marketing Manager embraces the company’s Marketing principles, maximizes local marketing spend and driving marketing efficiency, marketing impact, and scale, and is a local Microsoft brand steward.
With depth of knowledge on your product/solution area, you develop the Integrated Marketing plan that supports the growth, usage and consumption revenue objectives for your Solution Area and ensure positioning and messaging for your Solution Area that is clear, distinctive & differentiated to the audience – BDM, IT Decision Makers, IT Pro, Developer & End User.
- Own strategic discussions with BG to advise on Integrated Marketing Plan that supports business objectives.
- Land and execute GDC marketing plays. Prioritize Marketing Play aligned campaigns.
- Digital-first execution, focused on best-in-class digital customer engagement including, but not limited to events transformation from in-person to digital.
Evangelize our Transformation Story with the BG
- Drive deep understanding across all BGs of the impact of GDC, the importance of integrated marketing (especially ABM) and insights driven marketing (through MEI).
Lead Insights-Driven Planning and Optimization
- Lead data-driven planning and optimization discussions, including deep understanding of information in MEI and Marketing Insights for Sellers.
Own Integrated Marketing Execution and Delivery
- Drive execution excellence by leading a cross-org v-team; partner across the CMO discipline teams (Events and Social Marketing) for fully integrated plans; drive alignment with GPS (OCP) and Comms; work closely with Marketing Service Central (MSC) formarketing execution support.
Deliver marketing impact against key business goal by acquiring and nurturing leads and supporting consumption
- Develop and execute the integrated marketing plan for your focus area to deliver on BG and Sales priorities.
- Understand the audience, market, and competitive landscape to deliver differentiated programs by scenario.
- Leverage and localize global programs, positioning, messaging, and content. Provide local feedback and insights to corporate marketing stakeholders.
- Continually optimize performance across the marketing mix and deliver insights and opportunities to Sales and BG.
Orchestrate marketing execution by leading a complex vteam of stakeholders
- Partner closely with CMO Shared Services (Events and Social) to land execution across our paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Work with OCP to align marketing activities and incorporate relevant partner solutions into the plans for your Solution Area.
- Ongoing engagement with Sales to create and surface opportunities and support Sales objectives for your Solution Area.
- For Multi-sub Areas (MSAs), drive alignment with the marketing teams in the Subsidiaries for your Solution Area.
Executional Excellence and alignment to global processes and compliance
- Align local marketing activities to modern marketing platforms and processes. Ensure localization reviews are complete and accurate. Leverage global leading practices.
- Ensure relevant marketing executions are properly set up in systems and tools for tracking reporting.
- 100% budget utilization for your Solution Area – Effective and accurate forecasting and spend of marketing budgets.
- Partner with Marketing Coordinators within the Marketing Service Desks (MSD) and work closely with Marketing Service Central (MSC) for marketing execution capacity.
- Lead Microsoft brand stewardship, ensure GDPR compliance and adhere to Microsoft Accessibility Standards and Diversity and Inclusion principles in all marketing executions.
- 5+ years of proven digital marketing experience, preferably in technology marketing, with strong marketing operations background. experience in working at a large global multi-national a plus.
- connected sales and marketing experience. strong understanding of sales priorities and motivations and ability to advocate for marketing in conversations with sales organizations to ensure optimal customer experiences and success.
- strong leadership presence, experience working with sales leadership and track record of marketing impact and influence a must. innate ability to navigate through a complex matrixed organization to lead process changes and deliver execution excellence.
- must be a data-driven marketer. must be comfortable reading and analyzing data, using it to inform marketing plans and prioritize investments and leading data discussions with key business stakeholders.
- must be inspired by digital marketing execution, embrace marketing automation concepts, and be obsessed with delivering a compelling customer experience through relevant, connected customer engagement.