This position is responsible for Sourcing Strategy for VG India, having following responsibility:
- Develop and deploy regional commodity strategy along with category leaders for assigned commodities to deliver YOY cost reduction.
- Identify supplier to meet the commodity requirements in terms of quality, cost, delivery and inventory control (including Kanban, VMI, consignment inventory programs).
- Monitor and track the commodity trends. Should have sound knowledge of Imports.
- Develop detailed elemental cost sheets for each part in the related commodity.
- Develop strong Supplier – Eaton relationship with a partnership concept.
- Responsible for onsite assessment of suppliers, support strategic suppliers to improve their score cards, supplier evaluation, capability assessment & risk management.
- Supplier capacity mapping and develop supply base to meet fluctuating production volumes.
- Negotiate commercial agreements for total cost of ownership for each product
- Analyze spend of assigned commodity and identify cost out opportunities.
- Initiate, lead cost reduction projects to drive cost outs as per profit plan.
- Drive VA/VE with the support of engineering/design for material cost reductions.
- Co-Own the Project Monitoring with the SDE till the time of stabilization of the new part and complete handover to Materials.
- Work along with SDE for capacity improvement and cost reduction, Including identifying new mfg technologies.
- Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System related to SCM Function.
- Demonstrate very high level of Integrity and Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold suppliers accountable for ethical conduct in all the transactions.
- Adherence to regulatory requirements and governance.
Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement and change Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical / Production / Automobile Engineering
- 10 to 12 years of experience in sourcing, supplier development & procurement in engineering company preferably in Auto Component
- 3-4 year of hands-on experience on product costing, formulating commercial contracts
- Through understanding of manufacturing processes such as Castings Ferrous – Non Ferrous, Forgings, CNC machining
- Knowledge of quality systems and project management.
- Should be familiar with incoterms
- Knowledge on Vendor development /Quality check methodology
- Excellent communication skills in English (written & verbal)
- Relationship with suppliers as well as customers – Internal and External
- Cross Functions Team Working Skills due to Matrix Organization reporting