CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.
What to Expect
The engineering manager will provide leadership for a team of Engineers as direct reports. This will include normal supervisory duties, such as performance management, team development, assigning work, being a technical lead for the team and interfacing with other management personnel. This team will be responsible for a variety of products produced globally, both internally and externally. These products may include both copper and fiber connectors, patch panels, cable assemblies, enclosures, accessories, and application tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and support to assigned product line(s) and offer technical assistance as required to both internal and external customers.
- Participate and/or provide oversight for projects with functional and/or cross-functional team members to improve performance, manufacturability, or cost of our products.
- Evaluate functional and performance requirements of products to ensure initial and ongoing compliance with design objectives and customer/industry requirements.
- Participate in peer reviews and brainstorming sessions to identify opportunities for continuous improvement or to mitigate business risks.
- Lead technical staff of up to 12 team members.
- Provide overall team structure, guidance and development to staff as required to meet business needs.
- Complete team performance management assessments/actions as required.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- An Ability to effectively interact with varying cultures a must.
- Experience in successfully leading teams, managing projects and working with various functional disciplines to meet project objectives.
- Knowledge of general engineering tools (LEAN or 6-sigma) such as DoE, FMEA, etc.
- Knowledge of CAD engineering tools (Creo, SolidWorks, etc.) and related analytical tools.
- Ability to define and lead resolution of problems using standard practices.
- Highly motivated, self-starter that requires general direction, have solid planning skills, and can deal with and balance multiple and competing priorities.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- New team start-up experience desired.
- Ability to lead and develop new engineers within the organization.
- Knowledge of resin and metal materials, injection molding, stamping, plating, sheet metal design/fabrication, and connector design desirable.
- Knowledge of manual and automated assembly methods.
- Knowledge of Industry Standards as related to Telecommunications a plus.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or related curriculum) with preferably 15+years of related experience
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions. Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future!
Commscope is an equal opportunity employer!