P2P Lead will report to, and will provide a key support to the AP Manager in all aspects of the P2P activities. Key responsibilities will include managing all sub process of P2P right from PR to PO to Invoice and finally payments including usage of right chart of accounts, coordinating & adhering to close calendar, and working closely with the close team to ensure deadlines are met. This role requires strong communication skills, the ability to lead projects, and good problem-solving skills and working with multiple stake holders like Sourcing, FPA and business teams. In addition, you should have a prior experience of end to end P2P functions. The role requires a motivated individual who thrives off fast paced and dynamic environments, and is a problem solver – willing to help design areas and implement new processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, recording of invoices, payment, and overall P2P business processes.
- Maintain the invoice processing tracker to ensure invoices are processed efficiently and in a timely manner to resolve any queries as required to ensure that the Credit Rating for business is not impacted by late payment of invoices.
- Sound knowledge on various P2P reports, ability to reconcile sub ledger to GL and determine the appropriate accounting entries and action items.
- Proven experience within a P2P / Purchase to Pay role
• Maintain and support improvement of the Purchase to Pay process, policies, and procedures in collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g. FP&A, Sourcing, Close team), i.e. to ensure the financial statements reflects the right impact
• Leading the aspect of reviewing of the service period of the expenses accrued / incurred and appropriately classifying as an expense / prepayment.
• Collaboration cross functionally: Working with stake holders to ensure the Purchase order approval matrix is kept up to date and communicate to all who need it.
• Adhere to SOX compliance and ensure process / internal controls are periodically constantly validated
• Review & provide the key in determining accruals list from AP Team, reviewing supporting evidences
• Drive change on validating system interfaces and troubleshooting process issues
• Responsible for coordinating with auditors on year-end audits and discuss audit queries
• Responsible to manage ageing and ability to derive, present and lead using AP metrics
Experience / Qualifications
• 8 to 12 years of relevant experience including working in MNC/SSC environment / industry and familiarity in depth knowledge with of areas of P2P, Intercompany transactions, account reconciliations
• Good understanding of contract management/sourcing activities from P2P perspective
• Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
• Experience with ERP management preferred
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power-point required