Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
We are well-known for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Our Operational Due Diligence team is fully integrated into the ‘One Deloitte’ agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line diligence engagements.
Benefiting from high levels of exposure and learning from some of the experienced practitioners in this field, you will expand your skills to grow as a professional in this domain.
The Operational Due Diligence team is a part of the Transaction Services International team and provides advisory & support services to Deloitte members firms in performing a diverse nature of operational diligence engagements.
The team has significant experience in performing detailed operational diligence covering areas of cost analysis, synergy and carve-out assessment, stand-alone performance improvements and operational turnarounds. The businesses under consideration are of differing s (private and public international entities) and operate at various levels of complexities across a range of industries.
The team works as an extension of our Deloitte member firms Operational team and provide dedicated support throughout the project lifecycle. Working on international assignments involving cross-border and cross-service line teams allows you to build your networks across the vast Global Deloitte network and develop understanding of the global industry standards.
Work you’ll do
A career within Operational Due Diligence will provide a wide & valuable experience in an exciting and dynamic working & learning environment. The role will position you to working as a part of a larger Deloitte Operations team and will include the following activities:
- Assisting private equity, corporate and banking clients in understanding the true operational capability of acquisitions or businesses planned for disposal and to maximize value from their investment and lending transactions
- Working with Corporate and Private Equity clients in the assessment of potential merger synergies and carve-outs, stand-alone performance improvements of buy-outs or operational turnarounds for underperforming companies
- Working with colleagues from Financial Advisory, Consulting and the broader Deloitte network to provide our clients with a coherent overview of the business operations, performance gaps and the potential for improvement
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when operating within diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them
- Having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Preparing quality deliverables within agreed timeliness
As an Assistant Manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in diverse nature of engagements where you will:
- Support Deloitte member firms (UK, Canadian and European) Operational DD practice
- Extensively support Deloitte London’s market leading Operational DD team, who are c. 80 London-based professionals providing operational diligence, integration and separation expertise to corporate organizations, Private Equity houses and banks
- Develop and analyze cost models of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing s operating across a diverse range of industries
- Analyze and interpret financial and accounting data (including financial statement analysis and review of financial projections, and its underlying assumptions, as necessary)
- Liaise with engagement team members in UK, Canada and Europe as required
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects
- Demonstrate strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
CA qualified (ideally first time passes) or equivalent qualification/experience
In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of Operational Due Diligence services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
- Experience of being a consultant or line manager involved in realising performance improvement or operational turnaround, developing / delivering synergies or other transaction work
- Developed your skills in a top management consultancy or a corporate environment – preferably both
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail, conciseness and risk management
- Strong excel skills – quick and accurate manipulation of data
- Excellent track record and strong academic achievements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including PowerPoint)
- Proven analytical and business diagnostic skills
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Interest in working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a deal environment with staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Transaction experience/exposure would be an advantage
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters.
Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.