The primary function of this role is to plan, direct and control financial services for four operating divisions (CIEI) in Canada in a multi-divisional reporting environment. These services include financial planning, reporting, development of operational budgets, internal control compliance, cost accounting, fixed asset control and general ledger maintenance. The incumbent will manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including month-end and year-end processes, monthly balance sheet reconciliations, capital asset control and reconciliations, fixed asset activity, lease accounting, debt activity and legal entity accounting entries.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Review monthly financial results, including trend analysis and comparisons to plan, forecasts, and prior years providing explanations for variances as required.
- Manage the accurate and efficient processing of transactions to the accounting systems and ensure compliance with federal and provincial sales tax regulations as well as internal financial policy.
- Lead and develop a team of 5 individuals providing guidance, feedback and challenging opportunities.
- Supervise the development and communication of internal budgets, ensure the integrity of data, and assist in the preparation of annual profit plans for the Canadian CIEI division.
- Define, implement, maintain and monitor financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Eaton Financial policies, GAAP, local regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Provide accurate and timely account reconciliations.
- Liaise with internal tax resources and other shared service teams on an ongoing basis ensuring legal entity requirements are achieved.
- Manage and ensure inventory control initiatives (cycle counts, annual inventory counts, annual cost roll) are completed accurately and that appropriate controls are in place.
- Manage internal audits of the location when they occur and respond to all interim testing requests from external auditors
- Perform all functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as the Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of the Mississauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
- In possession of a professional accounting designation CPA (CMA, CGA, CA)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Knowledge of federal/provincial laws and regulations regarding taxes
- Strong knowledge of SAP functionalities and integration
- Strong knowledge of effective internal control processes
Position Success Criteria:
- Advanced level of competence with Excel
- Ability to work with others in remote locations required – effective communication across distance
- Ability to build relationships with key managers and provide timely business advice are success factors
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills along with strong problem-solving abilities
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team/matrix environment leveraging task prioritization and time management skills
- Work environment is predominantly office however plant visits and involvement are needed in order to gain a full understanding of the business
- Some limited travel (travel is mostly for inventory purposes)
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at:
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.