Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
This position will be focused on the design of low voltage and medium voltage products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Provide oversight and direction to our core engineering teams located in Warrendale, PA, Greenwood, SC, and other key locations.
- Plan and manage the electrical and mechanical engineering, drafting, and computer aided design (CAD) standards and functions for the Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Vacuum Direct Replacement Breaker product lines.
- Plan and manage the electrical and mechanical engineering, drafting, and computer aided design (CAD) standards and functions for the Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Vacuum Retrofill Replacement Breaker product lines.
- Plan and manage the electrical and mechanical engineering, drafting, and computer aided design (CAD) standards and functions for the Low Voltage Panel Shop product line.
- Manage and oversee the definition and design of these products in accordance to applicable IEEE standards to effectively support the Company’s product growth goals and related manufacturing functions.
- Manage and oversee the definition and design of these products in accordance to applicable UL standards
- Senior technical resource in the area of product engineering continuous improvements.
- Controls all project/engineering activities for new business and engineering changes for existing products.
- Manages and directs the maintenance of line work.
- Ensures all proper documentation and standard engineering processes are followed to Eaton guidelines.
- Ensures engineering is pro-active and responsive to needs of the plant production lines.
- Works to minimize and maintain engineering costs in the plant.
- Interfaces with customers to communicate problems and solutions while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Manages special projects as requested by the Director.
- Assess, train and develop employees.
- Responsible for all customer specific requirements where applicable, including those referenced in the QMS manuals.
- Frequent communication with all levels of management, corporate support groups, Quality Assurance, and plant personnel.
- Frequent communication with customers is necessary.
- Responsible for related safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with power systems or electrical equipment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum 8 years of mechanical and electrical design
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with low voltage and medium voltage breakers across all manufactures of power distribution equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.