If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward toEngineer VAVE based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Work on VAVE (Cost Out) projects for Low Voltage Switchgear products : Switch disconnector , Contactors , MPCB , Push buttons , Relays, accessories
- Work with global stakeholders for project execution through idea generation, design, testing and implementation phase
- Ensure product compliance to global design standards like IEC,UL,CSA, NEMA or any other compliance standard.
- Complete system / component sizing, designing , simulation and testing activities to meet Low Voltage Switchgear requirements
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement through Change Management process.
- Demonstrate capability in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Contactor, Switch Disconnector, Motor Protection Circuit Breaker, Push buttons , Overload Relay and accessories
- Perform teardown , generate ideas , perform system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet product design and compliance requirements
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement.
- Utilize knowledge of metals and plastics to suggest alternative material and provide engineering judgement on the impact on the product from cost , testing and certification perspective
- Knowledge of low voltage switchgear standards in accordance to IEC/UL/CSA/CCC codes which will allow development of test plans.
- Experience in execution of tests for EN60947 / UL60947 (Temperature rise , Short circuit , Make/Break, sequence tests etc.)
- Assess test results, perform root cause analysis through test findings/failures and take corrective/preventive actions
- Responsible for design engineering analysis on current path, mechanism, spring, bimetals, housing, actuator circuit , arc chamber, coils etc.
- Review Supplier Document Requirements List based on product requirements, customer specifications or industry standards like IEC, NEMA etc.
- Review reliability predictions, Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD/MBD results
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes (Casting, forging, machining , plastic Injection molding, sheet metal), tests, and unique customer applications
- Will be responsible for execution of the project and perform activities like Production feasibility assessment and Part production approval process ( PPAP) etc.
- Complete design ( 2D drawings / 3D Models) in UGNX or Solid works.
- BE / M Tech Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 yrs. Product Design & Cost out
- Experience in working on NPI/Sustaining/VAVE projects for Contactor, Switch Disconnector, Motor Protection Circuit Breaker, Push buttons , Overload Relay and accessories.
- Exp. in VAVE projects will be an advantage.
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in global and virtual environment