Job Description :
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring co-workers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Solution Engineer is part of the Digital Engineering group within our Corporate IT division. This team works directly with teams within the Digital Science Business unit which delivers market-leading laboratory and data management solutions. These solutions help customers advance science, become more efficient, and improve their bottom lines. Our offerings shape the lab of the future, by accelerating innovation and driving productivity. In short, it’s our goal to make labs work the way laypeople think they do– with cloud-connected, instantaneous information, available seamlessly to scientists across the lab. This position is open in Bangalore, India location.
How will you make an impact
The Solution Engineer is responsible for understanding requirements and developing solutions to meet those requirements. Our informatics solutions are a value-added component on top of our products that help to improve the customer experience and drive digital transformation of the lab.
What will you do
· Actively participate in the delivery and implementation of Informatics solutions by understanding customer requirements and implementing solutions to meet those requirements
· Thoroughly investigating technical issues to ensure successful resolution.
· Communicate effectively between internal teams, external consultants, partners and the Solutions team management in a timely manner.
· On time delivery against project plan
· Troubleshoot problems with Informatics software and solutions, reproduce difficult issues and develop workarounds and solutions where appropriate, sharing findings with internal colleagues.
· Requirements analysis, system design, configuration, testing and documentation.
· Adherence to configuration and coding best practices.
· Maintain product and industry knowledge.
How will you get here
· Minimum requirement is bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, IT or similar discipline or 5 years of relevant industry experience
Experience and Qualifications
· 5+ years’ experience implementing laboratory informatics software (LIMS, ELN, LES, SDMS)
· Experience with Thermo Scientific™ SampleManager LIMS™ software is preferred
· Computer programming skills including C#, SQL and integration with webservices and APIs
· Experience managing code repositories with Github or Azure DevOps is a plus
· Understanding of IT in a scientific and laboratory setting
· Strong written and oral communication skills, with fluency in English
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.