Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Digital Engineering is Thermo Fisher’s Software Engineering center of excellence in Bengaluru. This center of excellence creates the world-class software that the scientific community demands. It will serve as an extension of Thermo Fisher’s Software R&D teams while enhancing its responsiveness to the needs of customers globally.
The role is of a hands-on front end developer (individual contributor) who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming thereby actively contributes to the development of new features. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the design and contribute towards identifying technical risks and alternate solutions and workflows to various problems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, administrate, and maintain database, data transformation, data visualization, reporting, and lifescience information systems and platforms
- Responsible for design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions. Define technical requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, reusability and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Interface with the Ux team to help translate the requirements to visualizations and take this forward for development.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team
- Proactively looks for ways and patterns to continuously automate feature testing with measurable and tangible goals
- Actively participate in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc.
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- Significant understanding of object oriented design and programming
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
- 5-7 years of solid hands experience with Java Script/JQuery(primary language).
- Database understanding and Java Knowledge is desired but not a must have.
- Significant experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- BE/BTech or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or related field is required
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore India. Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.