You will be a part of MIG (Mass Scale Infrastructure Group, Engineering) SP Routing group that champions new methodologies and creates and tests scalable software solutions that interact with widely deployed Internet products, thereby touching an endless number of users worldwide. As a team member of this group, you would be responsible for leading the System and Solution testing of the next generation of routing & packet-optical products for the Service Provider and Service Provider Data Center segments. The product portfolio includes the ASR9K, NCS5500, NCS500, NCS6K, NCS5K, CRS, XRv9K and Optical (NCS1K/2K/4K) platforms that run on the Cisco IOS-XR next generation OS. Our products lead the service provider industry with most of the world’s largest and complex deployments and this opportunity allows you to be part of an excellent team that works directly with the best in the networking industry. What You will Do:
The impact of cloud on Networking is going to be even more significant going forward and the Network Automation is key. Today’s customers requires zero touch & Hitless Upgrades on over hundreds of systems at a time in a day.
The SP System Test team at Cisco has embarked on a groundbreaking journey with Network Automation at the forefront. The high caliber team that prides itself on customer success, outcome orientation, happiness and positivity! The product line includes the industry leading Core, Edge, Access & Optical portfolio and the respective evolutions. You are invited to embark on this incredible journey and lead this change.
The successful candidate will be part of the System and Solution test engineering team (BEST – Baseline Integration and System Test) with the responsibility to work on the test strategy, test planning and design of the next generation networks for the SP Routing portfolio of XR based products. Key responsibilities will include:
o Design, Develop, automate and execute on new HW or Features across complex Network Architectures
o Execute Functional, Interoperability and customer use cases
o Define and qualify End to End / Solution Architectures, engage in debugging complex network problem and define solutions.
o Work on Network automation, algorithmic thinking and Analytics applications derived from customer use cases
o Work on continuous Improvement and Transformation
o Collaborate effectively with teams across geographies in 3 + continents, direct customer interfacing and stakeholder management.
• Deeply passionate about quality and customer success
• Good Understanding of Service Provider technologies and architecture.
• Solid working knowledge of Networking protocols and L2 to L7 technologies (ISIS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, EVPN, Segment Routing, MPLS-TE, SNMP, Network management tools) along with hands-on experience with Third party Traffic Generator/Emulation Tools.
• Dynamic experience in Software Quality Assurance with an incredible appetite to make products / solutions better
• Automation experience with Python, REST, Jenkins & Strong Linux fundamentals in an added advantage.
• Exposure to Data Models and Ansible is highly desirable.
• Strong written & verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
• Results oriented with a high degree of accountability, dedication and responsibility
• BS/MS degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline such as EE/CS/ET combined with 2+ years of related experience in System and Solution testing or related software test experience.
• Excellent problem solving skills, familiarity with Linux and modern software tools and techniques for development/debugging and solid software design and development skills
• Industry certification such as CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JCNA/JCIE will be a huge plus
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it is transforming our customers businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected.
Colorful hair Don’t care. Tattoos Show off your ink. Like polka dots That’s cool. Pop culture geek Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco @Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.