Advance Auto Parts, a leader in the automotive aftermarket, currently has an opening for a Data Scientist II. As a Data Scientist II at Advance Auto Parts, you will be responsible for working side by side with a team of capable data scientists with a goal of leveraging all relevant data collected by Advance to build valuable data products and business insights. You will assist with the development and research that advances our forecasting and predictive models which in turn feeds our assortment planning and inventory optimization processes. You will be part of an elite data science team formed to help the organization live its mission of Advancing a World in Motion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Identify and implement strategies to leverage various large data sources for purposes of improving assortment availability
- Collect, analyze, and interpret information from multiple data sources identifying actionable insights that create efficiencies and generate revenue.
- Fully understand and support existing machine learning processes and provide development support for enhancements
- Build new predictive models and machine-learning algorithms for second-level analytics and assortment related processes
- Develop reports and/or presentations leveraging data visualization tools that clearly and concisely communicate analytical findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Analyze customer sales, transaction, and vehicle related data to identify trends and patterns for use in improving store assortments
- Leverage analytical tools (SQL, Python, R) and data mining techniques to perform advanced data manipulation and extract insights from large databases.
- Support ad hoc data analysis as requested.
- Demonstrated desire for continued learning and keeping up with latest techniques in the field of statistics, predictive analytics, operations research or related focuses.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to leadership team in areas of analytics and data science
- Work within a team environment that practices agile methodologies
- Other duties may be assigned.
Capable of performing the duties listed above. Proven understanding of latest modeling and forecasting techniques. Skilled with python programming techniques, unit testing, documentation. Familiarity with AWS, Notebooks, Hadoop, EMR and S3 necessary. Familiarity with agile project management a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelorâs or Masterâs Degree in Data Science or another quantitative field. Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a data science related.