Technical Writer 2
The Dynamics 365 Content Experience team, part of the greater C+AI Design Studios, is looking for a for a self-sufficient, results-oriented, and experienced technical writer who can delve into complex product areas and deliver great content in a fast-paced continuous publishing environment. We’re looking for a writer with excellent technical writing skills in U.S. English and experience writing content that helps business users be successful using our products.
As a technical writer on our team, you’ll be responsible for the content strategy and content delivery for Dynamics 365 Customer Service. This includes developing conceptual, procedural, troubleshooting, and end-to-end documentation in a variety of deliverable formats, including Help, videos, and training content.
You will develop close working relationships with product team members and partner with them and other stakeholder teams to plan and deliver the content for each release milestone. The position also includes regularly tracking customer feedback about your documentation and suggesting improvements to existing content models based on data.
- Write documentation for customers who will use and implement our software
- Review/revise content written by technical subject-matter experts as needed to fit information architecture and standards
- Collaborate closely with product team, UX designers, and content team to ensure that content quality meets customer needs and that content is integrated with the product
- Follow content publishing workflow and comply with structured authoring guidance
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize competing deadlines, work independently, and communicate updates regularly to your manager and product team.
- a minimum of 8 years of experience documenting business software for end users and system administrators
- strong technical writing skills in u.s. english
- strong affinity for cross-group collaboration, negotiation, and organization skills.
- ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- a portfolio of writing examples that demonstrate your experience writing technical documentation
- proficiency using microsoft office software
- using markdown for content creation
- using github
- developing diagrams, videos, and other visual content
- using, documenting, or supporting customer relationship management software
- experience working in the customer service domain
ability to meet microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. these requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: microsoft cloud background check: this position will be required to pass the microsoft cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.