Microsoft Services India Global Delivery (MS-IGD)delivers end-to-end solutions by enabling accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. An organization of well over 1000+ exceptional people, MS-IGD presents a great opportunity for highly skilled services professionals to make a foray into consulting, solution development and delivery roles. The ideal consultant is someone who is passionate for technology, has the breadth rather than specific product depth, and has the drive and courage to articulate and stand up for a great solution delivering true value for the client.
The Quality and Reliability Service (QRS) team is part of Microsoft’s Azure Cloud and AI domainand QRS Consultant roles are based primarily out of Hyderabad (and very few in Bengaluru based on need), with some travel as required. QRS Consultants proactively collaborate with other consultants via global virtual teams and report to a Technical Delivery Manager.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a requestvia the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a production-oriented discipline combining deep software engineering and systems skills. We take engineering-based approaches to solve operations problems. We are responsible for improving service availability, latency, scalability, performance, and efficiency. We have interest in behavior of distributed systems generally. We care deeply about software quality and how software is constructed and designed with a production-oriented focus on monitoring, release processes, safe deployments, performance optimization, capacity management, crisis response, resiliency engineering and similar concerns beyond pure functionality which are relevant to improving reliability.
We value the input of people who aren’t afraid to be learning all the time, who celebrate mistakes because they show the way forward, and those who are happy to continuously improve. We strongly believe that diverse experiences and backgrounds, and an environment where everyone can feel safe to contribute their own insights in a data-driven, objective, but the supportive way is the key to making the best workplace possible, and the best workplace makes the best products and services. Not only is it the smart thing, it’s the right thing
If this resonates with you, we’d like to talk.We offer you a strong team, exciting engineering challenges, a fun place to work and surrounded with world-class engineers.
As a Microsoft SRE Consultant, you will deliver quality engagements on high profile projects leveraging your expertise as an advisor, reviewer and/or individual contributor to ensure customer value and meet project objectives.
- Work with customer business team and/or IT Team to gather requirements/clarification on different support tickets/incidents. Work on critical application break-fix issues real-time. Manage Issue escalation within Microsoft and Customer IT (Partner). Adhere to SLA’s (Response and Resolution) defined for each of the incident with defined severity.
- Issue triage and isolation for supported solution and other components primarily (but not limited to) built on MS Technologies or on Open Source
- Problem resolution and root-cause analysis and operational documentation; Escalate product bugs to Customer Support/Product Group and follow-up
- Coordinate build deployment and release to Production
- Review feedback from customer staff and propose changes to improve the support process; Set up monitoring and capacity alerts (Build Early Warning system) and review results regularly to advise on issues related to the custom application
- Who enjoy analyzing complicated problems, coming up with creative solutions, working in focused teams to build things no-one has thought of before, all in the service of production reliability.
- Drive innovation and deliver proactive support to reduce incidents, increase application relevance, availability & performance and accelerate deployments through automation, thus playing a pivotal role in increasing cloud adoption and consumption. Be aware of latest advancements in technology and become trusted advisor for customer
- Help customer adopt Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices for improving service availability, latency, scalability, performance, and efficiency.
sre consultants combine their technical skills, creativity and customer focus in order to deliver great solutions to their customers, ensuring maximum value is obtained from microsoft technologies and solutions.
required qualifications for all qrs consultants include:
- highly proficient, customer-facing experience involving project envisioning, planning, design, development, and deployment of complex solutions
- 9+ years of software development: automation-related experience is valued. scripting languages such as bash, python, and powershell, or compiled languages such as c, c# and go are most relevant but others are acceptable.
- awareness of, and ability to reason about, modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes generally, microservices, and so on
- associated troubleshooting skills, including the ability to follow rpc call-chains across arbitrary network steps. consequent understanding of monitoring in distributed systems
- deep understanding of operating system level concepts such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack; understanding of how applications are affected by the above, and ability to debug same
- experience with working in a team, including coordinating large projects, communicating well, and exercising initiative when presented with problems
- strong understanding of customer and partner business and it environments, with proven record of delivering successful technical solutions
- practical experience running large scale online systems is always an advantage
- demonstrated ability to focus on the development of customer business agility and business value, while simultaneously providing deep experience with specific technologies
- strong communication, consulting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- growth mindset
- flexible work approaches with strong proactivity and inclination to resolving customer situations
- demonstrated skills designing and developing technology in area(s) of specialization to solve business problems and help customers in enhancing existing applications; core skills must include microsoft technology, with open-source experience helpful
- degree in computer science engineering, mca or equivalent with work experience; higher relevant education preferred
- mcsd/mcse/mcad/azure certification is a plus
- strong object-oriented programming and design experience
- understanding of technical design patterns
- sql programming knowledge
- strong debugging skills
- .net 4.0/core (asp.net, web api, powershell script. mvc, tfs/github)
- azure (deep technical understanding of iaas and paas with azure application dev experience)
- deep technical and architectural knowledge of at least 3 of the following areas, as well as broad understanding across the microsoft development toolset:
- cloud technologies (preferably azure full stack)
- skills on projects targeting a variety of form factors (e.g. mobile, iot)
- application lifecycle management (e.g. agile, tfs etc.)
- solution architecture (e.g. soa, enterprise architecture)
good to have skills:
- industry vertical knowledge – retail, banking and finance, telecom etc.
- middleware technologies used for integrations
- knowledge of azure devops, docker, kubernetes etc.
- ai and ml (machine learning) development experience