The Eaton Center Assistant Facility Manager will be responsible for the daily management of Eaton Center. The position will set standards and develop processes for the safe, reliable, cost-effective and modern operation of Eaton Center. This includes direct management of onsite suppliers in wellness, dining and property management; plus, indirect oversight of mail, reception, security, janitorial ,and more via the third-party property management firm. This position also manages the space plan and reports on occupancy metrics. The role also requires strong financial & analytical skills to manage the budget, model various cost scenarios and recommend options to leaders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
This is a significant role that impacts the daily lives of over 1,000 occupants of Eaton Center. This position will work with cross-functional teams to lead the development of certain processes, standards and designs at Eaton Center that will become best practices for offices throughout Eaton’s global real estate network. In addition, this role will lead:
- Vendor Management – Daily management of onsite vendors. This includes establishing and holding vendors accountable to key performance indicators for Property Management (building engineering, security, janitorial, mail, switchboard & reception), dining services, fitness center and managemed print services.
- Project Management – Use EBS and other management tools to identify, plan, gain approval for, and manage facility projects. This will maintain safety, brand, technology and budget. Examples include space reconfigurations, event planning, and capital projects.
- Financial Management – Lead the development of the department’s annual budget, track expenses to plan, participate in monthly variance analysis and forecast adjustments. Detailed analysis and financial modeling are periodically required.
- Space Management – Design & manage the move, add, change process. Supervise the space assignment plan, including proactive space planning, restack planning, and utilization reporting.
- Environmental, Health & Safety – Provide EHS leadership for Eaton Center. Cultivate Safety Marshalls and Green Team members to actively identify and respond to EHS, sustainability, and emergency medical issues. Lead investigations and reports of EHS incidents. Complete regulatory reports such as OSHA 300 & EPA Tier II. Ensure completion of relevant EHS education and training.
- Systems Implementation & Continuous Improvement – Use EBS and other management tools to design, implement and manage systems and processes that improve the safety, reliability and efficient operation of Eaton Center.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of facility management and/or environmental health & safety experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, design, engineering, real estate management, construction management, EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety) or related field
- 5 years of facility management and/or environmental health & safety experience
- Budgeting, building construction trades, methods and processes; building mechanical systems; fire suppression and prevention principles; project management skills; EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety)
Position Success Criteria:
- Effective communicating with all levels of the organization
- Experience leading and participating in cross functional project teams
- Experience designing and implementing systems that improve operations
- Experience negotiating costs with service providers and contractors
- Experience presenting compelling cost/benefit proposals to leaders for CapEx requests and profit plan costs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.